We’re sorry to hear you’re leaving us. But hey, we might cross paths again!
In order to terminate your contract you need to first check 3 important aspects: your minimum stay, the termination notice period, and the permitted end-of-contract dates. These can be found in your Rental Agreement, which we sent to your email during your contract signature process.
Once you have checked that your termination fits these criteria, you can create a Help request through your **Habyt Member portal or your Habyt App** with the Subject: Contract Termination Request, the category “Contract” and the subcategory “Contract termination”
In the Description, please make sure to include:
- Your decision to terminate your contract
- Your desired contract’s end date
- The reason for your termination
Afterward, we will need to follow a couple more steps and we will guide you through the process.
- I sent my contract termination email. What’s next?
- Our 1st interaction: We will confirm that we’ve received your request. We will notify you of the earliest termination date that’s possible, ask for your written confirmation, and also request your updated bank details, to process the deposit refund later on.
- ⚠️ We will need your written confirmation on this first interaction in order to terminate your contract in a correct manner.
- Upcoming interactions: After receiving your written confirmation and the updated bank details, we will send you the confirmation that your contract has been successfully terminated.
- To make the process as smooth as possible we will also inform you on the next move-out steps, such as when and how to vacate the flat, where to drop-off the keys, and so on.
- We have a more details in the section Move-out that we recommend reading.
What is the termination notice I need to give to Habyt?
You can find this information on the Rental Agreement you signed with Habyt. We sent you a copy of it via email during the contract signing process.
What is my minimum stay?
According to your contract, in order to terminate your Rental agreement with us, a minimum period of stay must be fulfilled. You can find this information on the Rental Agreement you signed with Habyt. We sent you a copy of it via email during the signing process.
What is the “contract end date”?
The contract end date is the official last day of your contract with us. Keep in mind that the end of the contract can only take place on specific dates.
⚠️ If you need to move out earlier than your end-of-contract date, you are welcome to do so. Keep in mind that an earlier move-out does not change your end-of-contract date. This date is fixed as it was previously agreed upon and confirmed in writing by us. This also means that your rent will still be due until the official last date of your contract (contract end date)
Where can I find information in my contract regarding minimum stay, termination notice and end-of-contract dates?
According to your contract, in order to terminate your rental agreement with us, the terms of minimum stay, termination notice, and end-of-contract dates need to be followed.
Please refer to the Rental Agreement you signed with Habyt. We sent you a copy of it via email during the signing process.
Depending on where your Habyt home is located, you can find this information as follows*:
- German contracts: Go to Clause § 3 – Term of Lease and Ordinary Termination.
- Netherlands contracts: Go to Clause § 3 – Term of Lease and Ordinary Termination.
- Spanish contracts: Go to Clause 5. Termination.
- Portuguese contracts: Go to Clause 5. Termination.
- Italian contracts: Go to Clause*- 2 (or 3) Duration and 5. Termination*.
Location within the contract may vary due to amendments in the contract format
When will I receive my deposit back?
After you move out, we will check the condition of your room and common areas, and we will generate your deposit based on that assessment.
We have a more details in the section on Move-out that we recommend reading.
The deposit refund should be reflected in your account within the next 4-8 weeks after your contract end date as long as all the steps of the process have been followed.
We have a more detailed section for Deposit refund we recommend reading.
For Singapore & Hong Kong, after you move out, we will check the condition of your room and common areas, and we will generate your deposit return based on that assessment.
I want to extend my stay/contract
We are happy that you would like to stay longer with us!
Your contract has no expiration date, so you can stay in your flat as long as you wish.
However, in case you already terminated your contract but changed your mind and decided to extend your stay, please get in touch with us through your Member portal or your Habyt App.
Please note that extensions will be granted based on room availability
For Singapore & Hong Kong, you can renew your membership with us by reaching out to our team on Whatsapp on https://www.habyt.com/rooms/singapore or https://www.habyt.com/rooms/hong-kong, or by submitting a ticket on Habyt.com under General Support > Contract > Contract Redraw.
Depending on your Membership Agreement, you must renew your lease 45 days prior to the end date. If not renewed within the specified timeframe, the lease will be automatically terminated and the date of move-out will be the one mentioned in your lease.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article