How Do I Get Residence Registration Documents?

Modified on Wed, 20 Dec 2023 at 07:31 PM

Germany: Anmeldung

What is it? 

The Wohnungsgeberbestätigung is the registration document all tenants in Germany need in order to register their address (Anmeldung) at their local civil office (often called Bürgeramt or Bürgerbüro). This registration is mandatory and individual. Each tenant is responsible for carrying on with this registration as soon as possible. 

How to get it? 

This document will be sent to you by Habyt automatically on the first day of the contract. All you need to do is download it and register your address from there. 

Spain: El Padron

What is it? 

This is a local certificate every tenant receives after registering their address in Spain.

How to get it? 

In order to register your address, you will need to follow these steps: 

  1. Download your registration form “Hoja padronal” and fill out.
  2. Send the filled out form to us via the Members Portal or Mobile App. We will send it back to you stamped and signed.
  3. Make an appointment: Request an appointment at an “Oficina de Atención a la Ciudadanía-Línea Madrid” through this online form.
  4. Apply for registration: Go to your appointment. The application is made in person.

If you are asked to show any additional documents, please get in touch with us by creating a Help request through your Habyt Member portal or your Habyt App using the category “Move-in” and the subcategory “Documents'' and share a sample of the document you would need already filled out so we can sign it for you (if possible).

The Netherlands: Registration 

What is it? 

You will need to register at your local Municipality (BRP: Basisregistratie Personen) either at their offices or online. All you need to do is bring your ID and your Rental agreement with you, which has been sent out to you via email during the contract signing process. 

How to get it?

For more information, simply follow this link

Italy: Registrazione Contratto all’Agenzia delle Entrate

What is it? 

A mandatory address registration provided to you by Habyt. Our team will register your contract with the Agenzia delle Entrate within one week before your move-in, so you don’t have to worry about it! Please note that there is an additional one-time registration fee to be paid, which amounts to 1% of the yearly rent plus a Duty Stamp (€32). 

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will update the article if needed.